Monday, September 13, 2021

Continued from yesterday..........

A new episode of The Chase was on last night so I got 7 more sets of 2 strips sewn for the new 16 patch quilt while I watched it.




I keep going back in my photo archive and looking at photos of the first Autumn Coneflower 16 patch quilt top that I made to see what is missing in combinations for the blocks.  I decided I needed more orange and purple.  I think I might need a couple reds too.  When I make my quilts I don't plan anything in advance and all of the surprises and victories happen at the design wall.  It is really hard to go back and figure out what I did on a previous quilt.

Blogger wouldn't let me preview my post when I was creating it so I'll have to just hope everything looks OK.

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just love all the colors. The batiks are so beautiful.

patty a. said...

I looked back at the previous quilt you made with these colors. It was beautiful so I expect this one will beautiful too. I have had enough rain and dew to keep the grass growing so I have to mow at least once a week in the front and sides. The back doesn't grow as fast because I don't fertilize it. My front is starting to fill in where I burnt the grass with too much fertilizer/weed killer in spots. The creeping charley has slowed down with the weed killer. I am going to have to hit the yard again with fertilizer/week killer, but I will be less generous this time.

Vicki W said...

That is a beautiful palette.