Thursday, September 16, 2021

My reward............


My reward for spending all day with my camera and computer was taking time to sew together the first 12 blocks of the mottled fabrics.  I'm really liking this and think I might like to make a bed size quilt out of this.  I have another 12 duplicate blocks to sew before I make some new ones.




Here they are again as strip sets.  It's amazing how they change when they become 16 patch blocks.


We are enjoying some beautiful weather again for 2 or 3 days.  The forecast to the end of the month is warmer than normal.  I just hope that doesn't include too many 90 degree days.

 

11 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, they really do look great sewn up. Sometimes, those batiks are hard to use but they certainly jell in these blocks.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I wasn't sure about your colour choices at first, but now I see them cut and sewn together they really do look so different and lovely. I always know to wait until you're further on in a project to pass any judgement haha. I love seeing your work as it progresses and the final beautiful results. Glad your weather is treating you well; same here, for now :)

patty a. said...

Pretty blocks! I am always amazed at the variety of fabric you have in your stash. I am looking forward to some cooler weather. My mugo pines need thinned out and the Shasta daisies in the center flower bed have needed a haircut for months. With those being in the sun I can't work on them in the evenings after work.

Quiltdivajulie said...

This will be a stunner (it already is!).

Chookyblue...... said...

These blocks are looking really good.. ....

JJM said...

I’m amazed also, stitching your strips into 16 patch blocks are brilliant and I’m looking forward to seeing it grow.

JJM

Nann said...

The mottled bits have a glow to them. Another lovely array of fabrics and blocks!

Unknown said...

These blocks look like they are made of velvet. Lovely rich colors. You sure know how to pick what goes well together.

Kay in Kansas

Mary said...

I just hate all of those techy problems. Glad you had such a great reward!

Kaaren said...

You really do inspire me greatly. I just moved to a tiny space from a huge studio and a have been dragging my feet to figure out a way to actually sew in this new little spot. A friend is going to try to help me so I can sew again. I really need to. And I love your work Wanda.

Vicki W said...

I love the watercolor effect of these blocks. It would be beautiful in a bed size quilt.