Saturday, September 11, 2021

More photo updating.........





This is another in my Prismatic Garden series that I could never get a good photo of.  Now I have some new auxiliary lights that are helping to light the dark areas.


The center was always hard to photograph too to get the details in the batiks to show.






The dark areas were always too dark without extra lighting.







Now I will have to check some of the other photos that I took with the previous camera that took lower resolution photos.

I haven't taken any outside photos because the only thing I have done outside is mow the shade grass in the back yard and a few areas in the front that had grown taller. More than half of the yard remains unmowed because of lack of rain.  

9 comments:

Julierose said...

What a lovely quilt--I really like that light center--it shines;))
Hugs, Julierose

Lesley Gilbert said...

Looking at your 1st photo reminds me of a tubular kaleidoscope, the type you look through one end and twist, so the little flecks of colour change places - I have a child's one that does that and a better one with actual 'gems' inside. HOT weather here the past 3 days but nicer today - time for some more de-cluttering! Enjoy your weekend :)

Lynda said...

I really love this series. Fascinating colors. I wish you did a class on this type.

Libby in TN said...

The grass in Seattle (the Emerald City) is all brown from lack of rain. So sad. Here we have army worms killing the grass. As Gilda said, "it's always something."

MissPat said...

Several years ago, I was so taken with your Prismatic Garden series that I went back and read all the earlier posts on them and pledged to make one myself. I even bought a second hand copy of the book. Alas, it hasn't made it into production yet, but your refreshing of photos is a reminder that I must move it up my list of to-dos.
Pat

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

our grass on the side and back yards hadn't been cut i awhile and Mike cut it and now it is dried horrible looking we need rain.
I find quilts hard to photograph at times getting the color right

Linda Swanekamp said...

I bought a pair of light on stands and I still can't get the colors right and have to fool around with the photos. I took some photos today of a finished quilt and the colors were not right. It is sunny outside, but extremely windy, so I can't work out there.

JJM said...

Another prismatic quilt bought back for us to marvel at. And indeed it is one that takes your breath away.

JJM

Kerry said...

Really pretty, Wanda. Just showed my daughter and she said "ooh that is so pretty!" So there you have it, another gorgeous quilt. Thank you for the inspiration, as always. xx