Saturday, September 18, 2021

More updating photos..............


While I still had the auxiliary lights set up for photographing quilts I decided to take a new photo of Crooked Cobblestones I.  I have sold or gifted all of the rest of the series.







I took a series of detail shots too while I was at it.







Many people have asked if there is a pattern for this.  It is totally improv.






Some of the centers are less than an inch on one edge, others are over 3" on one edge, whatever size the scrap was that I picked up next.





I found a bag of over 150 blocks a couple weeks ago so maybe someday there will be another one.

I am making progress on the 16 patch blocks but nothing worthy of a photo yet.

We got a little rain last night.  That is .8" for the whole month so far.  I really don't remember what it feels like to get a whole inch of rain in one storm.





 

7 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

I love scrappy improv quilts/blocks - mostly because I can sew them and can't go wrong haha, but also I love the colourful effect of them all when put together. It's a cooler sunny day today and rain is forecast for Mon-Thu - I'll think of you and your (dry) garden when it's pouring down haha. Have a happy sewing weekend :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we haven't gotten the rain yet but they say a front will come into the state and by Tuesday it will drop to the 70's and rain coming

LG said...

Is it still your "current favorite", as indicated on the sidebar?

Needled Mom said...

I love looking at improv, but am so awful in doing them myself. I guess I am too precise in my quilting. This looks fabulous.

Kaaren said...

I just love your aesthetic!

Judy Cloe said...

I'm surprised this is listed as your favorite and am wondering why it is. Is it still your favorite? Can you explain why, or is it unexplainable?

Darlene said...

I love the use of batiks and the color in this quilt. I stumbled into your site and am enjoying your creative process and style!