Thursday, March 18, 2021

Working on pink..........

More variety of pinks were cut yesterday and I found a white with pink dots for the corner triangles.  The problem is I won't have enough of it for 35 blocks so either I will make it smaller than planned or add plain white for the rest of the corners.


Here is a closer view of some of the new fabrics and the triangle fabric.







Some of the fabrics are dark pink, some very light pink.  






I have quite a few more light pinks to cut, or eliminate.  I have some pink batiks that I could add too so I need to make a decision.  I will cut all of the rest of the white with pink dots into triangles today and see how many blocks I can make.
 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pinks are all so lovely and spring-like! The pink dot is a perfect background for these blocks.
Kathy

Julierose said...

Dotted Pink is just right for background i think...lovely pinks--I like those pale batiks a lot...
hugs, Julierose

hungry caterpillar said...

What a fun project and uplifting color on these gloomy days!
Reading your blog always adds another quilt project to my wish list!

patty a. said...

Somebody out there must have a bit of that white with pink dot fabric. Everyone need to look in their stashes and send you the bit you need to finish this top. I will look tonight myself! It is going to be a pretty quilt!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I know you mainly only use your accuquilt dies for your quilts - do you have a chart or something of blocks that makes it easier for you to decide what quilts to make that only uses them? I have two books that use the dies but wish there was more

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks terrific so far. The pinks don't look too sweet at all, but fresh.

Kristin said...

I love these pinks - what a pretty quilt.

Needled Mom said...

That looks really pretty.

Florida Farm Girl said...

I'm loving how these pink blocks are turning out.

Ila said...

Hi, Wanda...I think I have a piece of your pink polka-dot. Can I send you a picture...or the fabric?

JJM said...

I agree with everyone else.... Your pink fabrics are so lovely and lively too. I hope Ila sends you her pink polka dot. That's such a perfect fabric for the corner triangles.

JJM

Dorothy said...

Pink---NOT my favorite color, or even close to my favorite color. But I love what you're doing with it

Cathi said...

Oh, how I love this!! Pink is definitely my favourite colour so this project’s appeal factor is huge! I have a more red polka dot fabric that might work. I can send you a picture of it if you would like to see it.