Friday, March 12, 2021

In the kitchen and the studio...........


 I have spent the last 2 mornings in the kitchen making treats for the family.  Tuesday morning I made a double batch of Chex Mix to use up the rest of the ingredients.  That got some big boxes out of my pantry.



Yesterday morning I made a double batch of Kringlas.  The last time I showed these some people mistakenly called them Kringles.  I had to look up those since I had never seen them.  Kringlas are a Norwegian treat and I have 2 family recipes.


I got all of the seams sewn on the Hattie's Choice quilt top.  I need to press it and then I will play with border ideas for a couple days.  Right now it is 40" x 55.5".

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Those Kringlas look excellent!! Hattie's choice is very pretty--hope you have a wonderful weekend...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such a colorful wall - I like this quilt and will be watching to see what kind of border you put on it

Mary said...

Those snacks would not last long around me.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The snacks look yummy, but my attention is on both of the quilts on the design wall. So beautiful! It is rare for anything to draw my attention more than food but both of these do.

JJM said...

Kringlas and Chex mix for family snacks . You're such a good mom and grandma. It's fun to make treats for family when you know their favorites.

How you worked in sewing Hattie's Choice also is just another busy day in your life, I admire how much you accomplish day after day.

JJM

patty a. said...

The chex mix and Kringlas look so good!