Sunday, March 21, 2021

Playing..............

I made 12 more half rectangle blocks yesterday.  The other 6 face the opposite direction and were already up on my design wall when I took this photo.





The bottom half is all up on the wall and 1 plus a part of a row for the top half is up there.  One more complete row needs to be added to the top.  The farther I go on this project the more undecided I am if I even like it.  I can dismantle it and just do another design with the blocks. It is going to shrink 7.5" in width if I sew it and it will shrink 5.5" in height after the last row is added to the top and sewn.


My white cactus is really putting on a show with so many blooms at once and 3 buds ready to open today or tomorrow.

The orange one below it has several more buds too.









One fully opened bloom with buds in the background.







The pale pink on the shelf below the orange has 2 buds, one of which is at the first joint back from the tip.  I had several like that this year with one of them about 3 joints back.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors, but the pattern doesn't give me a spot to rest my eyes. They just keep wondering all over, so I can't enjoy the pattern. When it was small it wasn't bad, but as it grew, it kept getting harder. Does this make any sense to you?

Julierose said...

What a lovely display of your cacti...so pretty...
Perhaps some spacers or sashings would allow for seeing separate patterns...
Have fun playing hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes I think I will like a pattern and then don't after I get started with it. Maybe just take a break from it and then it will come to you what you want to do with it. I do love all the colors, I have that die also

Ann Pierson said...

I was wondering about rearranging so that the light diamond is created all across every row. Would that work? Love the colors!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea you have going on but what about reducing the V Diamond row to just one vertical row about a third of the way in from the left. It would calm it down just a bit but still let the color shine

JJM said...

Just keep playing with this piece the fabrics are so "exuberant" I know you will create a design you will love.

Cactus garden is always so lovely.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

I do like the half rectangle triangles but I have to say I find that my eyes can't pick out design very well, needless to say I love the fabrics. Cactus display - beautiful!

Belgium said...

Hi, Wanda - Like a few other commenters have said, I, too, find the design too *active* with the fun, pretty, bright colors combined with the placement of the blocks. But, you’re not making this for me, so my opinion is just that. I am certain you will arrive at a combination of colors and patterns that appeals to you - and makes the rest of us again jealous of your talent,,

patty a. said...

Your cacti must be very happy to give you such a lovely show!

Meloney said...

Love the cacti. Mine cacti are really small and I need to re-pot them. What is your soil composition? It seems to work.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, I just love that pale pink one. My pink is screaming pink bright.