Friday, March 19, 2021

More cutting for 2 projects..........


Playing with 2 again.  I sewed more of the half rectangle blocks and filled them in on the design wall.  I'm not sure I'll stay with the 3 diamonds in the corners (look at bottom right corner).  I'll need to move it down the wall so I can get the top row on and I'm not quite ready to do that yet.

I had enough of the pink dot to cut corners for 17-1/2 more blocks so I'm probably going to make the quilt 4 x 6 blocks (32" x 48") instead of 5 x 7 blocks.  The other option is 5 x 5 blocks (40" x 40").  Either size is plenty big for a baby's tummy time quilt.

Exciting mail 2 days in a row.

My blogger friend Patty sent me one of the project bags she makes.  The color is way off in my photo so go to her blog to see how it really looks.  I told her I wanted to make some of these too and she sent me a link to the video and then she sent me this one so I can really see how it is made.  It is so pretty and already in use.


The next day I received a package from Belgium from a reader.  I did some critiquing on something she was making and she wanted to send me a treat.


I haven't checked out the candy bars yet.  I love the tin with hinged lid that the cookies are in.

The cookies are about 1/8" thick and super crispy, just the way I like them.



This was the wrapper around one kind.  No artificial stuff, just ingredients I have heard of: flour, sugar, butter, eggs.  I decided to eat dessert first for lunch yesterday.  Yummy!

10 comments:

patty a. said...

Looks like you are progressing with both projects. Thanks for the shout out. My sister gave some of the vinyl project bags I sent her to a friend. The friend was excited to go home and put her counted cross stitch projects she is working on in the bags. How nice to get cookies and candy all the way from Belgium! Then after the cookies are enjoyed you have a nice tin for storing buttons or notions in.

Julierose said...

How gratifying to receive those treats--nice!!
Your design wall is looking good with those two lovely projects...
hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

You certainly received some nice mail this week and I know you will enjoy both.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such a nice gift - snack and keep the box for storage of something

JustGail said...

I'm liking what's on the wall. My guess for my "what will Wanda say" game - it is the diamonds using pink with orange polkadots that might go? The pink is a bit dark compared to the rest of the light triangles, and it looks like a solid from a distance? I

I made a couple of those project bags, it's fun picking out the combinations. Not so fun when you realize you don't have zippers that will work and need to get some. You got some very nice gifts!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What fun! And I don't blame you. Life is uncertain. I sometimes eat dessert first, too! Liking how both those quilts are shaping up!

JJM said...

I'm enjoying watching these two designs grow. They're both so unique with fabrics that are as tasteful as your treats from Belgium.

And yet another spin on a little project bag. I like the zipper opening.

Have you seen or made the "snappy bag" ? They are fun too.

JJM

Sewing Up A Storm said...

I love the project bag. I just found a video on how to make them and will be making some of these in various sizes for some projects I carry around with me. I will be making some as gifts as well in the future. I love that you can see what is inside. Right now most of my project bags are not see thru so this idea is really nice.

Carol said...

Could I get the link for the vinyl pouch instructions, please? such a practical and useful item.

Carol said...

forgot to enable email for follow up comments for link to vinyl pouch pattern. carol