Wednesday, March 17, 2021

A side trip......


 I went to the basement to do some laundry and cut some more half rectangles.  While down there I decided to cut some pink elongated hexagon pieces for my next baby quilt.  The X and O blocks will be 8" finished and my preliminary plan is to make 35 blocks for a 5 x 7 setting (40" x 56").  I started with Kaffe collective pinks because I was already working with that group for my half rectangles.  I have about 25 other pinks ready to cut.  I may have to use white solid for the triangles if I don't find a really light pink print.  I started out with all of the fabrics mixed.


I didn't have 4 of every fabric cut but I was able to do a mock-up that is pretty well matched.  I think the design looks softer with the fabrics mixed and more distinct as a pattern with matched fabrics.

Now I need to get back to cutting more half rectangles.

Happy St. Patrick's day!

15 comments:

patty a. said...

Such pretty pink fabrics. I kind of like the mixed up version better. Either way it will be a beautiful quilt.

Julierose said...

I just love those KF pinks--such a pretty and refreshing looking piece
Happy St Paddy's to you, too;))
Hugs Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is always good to get side tracked from doing laundry. The pinks looks real spring like which it is not looking like around here. The helleborus is blooming though. Love all those fabrics.

Lesley Gilbert said...

Lovely Pretty Springtime fabrics - a nice change to see a baby quilt in the making. We have had warm sunshine the past 2 days and my few Daffodils are in show, ready to celebrate St Patricks day (I think I have 3% in my genes haha). Hope the sunshine is finally coming your way - I like to see how your plants are coming along and what survived the last winter :)

Marie said...

Your x's and o's come up beautifully in those delicate large prints Wanda - lovely.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Happy St. Patrick's day Wanda! I love the softness of all of the Kaffe pinks together. This will be a beautiful baby quilt!

Anne Ibach said...

Every time you post a new set of KFC fabrics for a quilt I increase the list of old designs and color ways I'd love to see some back. What is that pink one in the lower left of the second photo. I don't know that I've ever seen that one.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Loving those pinks!

Monica McGregor said...

Oh, Wanda, I am not having the greatest day, but coming upon your pretty pink florals on a white background was truly spirit-lifting. Color is magic! Thanks. :-)

JJM said...

Sweet 'n Happy ~ X & O's ... I agree with your other commenters ~ Soft yet charismatic PINK fabrics make these blocks sparkle.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

They are pretty blocks, any way you design them. Did you use the signature die? Just curious, as usual!

Juliann said...

I have been using a lot of pink lately - in my quilting and my knitting. It is such a happy color.

Nann said...

So, did you get the laundry done? LOL.

Vicki W said...

That's going to be such a cute quilt.

Mystic Quilter said...

Those pinks are tremendous!