Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Second finish in March 2021.............


 I got the hand stitching on the binding done on the batik Bear Paw quilt.  It finished at 54" x 67.5".  The big squares in the paws were leftover from double 4 patch cutting many years ago.  The sashing strips were 1.5" strips cut at least 10 years ago. The claw triangles were all from the scrap bin.  The only yardage cut was the borders, one of my favorite old batiks.


The backing is also a batik.  I used Hobbs heirloom 80/20 batting.

I also worked on the backing for another quilt but I don't know if it will get quilted this month or be my first finish of April.  I have 2 tops that need their borders to be counted as finishes for the month too.

11 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

What a great quilt to finish off this months total (unless you have a quick project to slip in by tomorrow) and mostly made from scraps or left-overs.
It's another beautiful day today (2oc/68f)after yesterdays hot day - just right for me as an everyday temp. I managed to cut back my Fuchsia's but too late for the Clematis. I'll do more tidying today if it doesn't get any hotter. Have you found any more new growth?

Julierose said...

Just a gorgeous finish--beautiful bear paws' colors...nice work
hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful finish! Love all the fabrics, shades and the skinny sashing which lets all the dark batiks sparkle. Great border and back. Simple block made stunning.

patty a. said...

Good job getting that finished for the month. That is great that you used up bits and pieces that were just in a bin waiting for a quilt to belong to! It turned out beautiful and someone is going to love it!

Nann said...

The palette is lovely, Wanda. Old batik, new batik: they go together so nicely.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Stunning - what a terrific finish!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. You're putting us all to shame with all your accomplishments.

pbj fiber marietta said...

Love it! the border looks so good with all the colors! Congrats Wanda!

JJM said...

You created yet another masterpiece from scraps and leftovers. Stunning to say the least.
Backing and binding surprised me as how they made such a fine finish to this piece.

JJM

Needled Mom said...

This is a stunning finish!

O'Quilts said...

Great choice for the backing xo