Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Partially sewn............

It is on its side on the design wall because this is the way I was working on it in the design stage.

The left side is webbed together in rows with 8 more pieces to sew on before I sew the seams in the other direction.  It should only end up about 48" x 60".  It would probably look good with a 2" light print border all around so the dark zigzags would be floating.  

Other options in making this could have been light zig zags with dark diamonds and oriented the opposite direction with either of the colorations.  So basically it is one design, 4 options.  I know I have to make one in the other orientation out of different group of fabrics.

I raked off 2 garden area in the backyard yesterday and found a few peonies peeking out of the ground the the tips of one Hosta.  Also the Jonquil leaves were under all of it.

7 comments:

hetty said...

Nice work Wanda. I love that layout. A light border would certainly make the zigzags look as if they are floating.

patty a. said...

This is such a fun and vibrant piece! I just wanted to let you know I found a few small pieces of that pink polka dot fabric. I found two pieces 5" x 3.5 and two pieces 3.5" x 3.5". I would be happy to mail them to you if they would help you out with finishing the pink X and O blocks. Let me know.

Julierose said...

Such lovely work pairing all those KF prints in that design...
My paperwhites have sent out their last little blossoms...so delicate and pretty...Foggy and warmish here this morning 40 degrees hugs, Julierose

Juliann said...

I am really loving this quilt and all the options! Just curious what you mean when you say part of the quilt is webbed together

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, at least you know you have the fabric to do the other options! The zig zags look great. I have been under the weather, so I did not work outside in the lovely spring day. The second shot knocked me out for weeks along with a stubborn UTI. On the third antiobiotic.

Florida Farm Girl said...

What an interesting pattern from such a simple piece. I noticed one of my peonies has several shoots but the other location doesn't show anything. I sure hope it hasn't died on me.

Elaine Adair said...

Stunning, and simple triangle designs. Beautiful.