Monday, March 29, 2021

Making progress............


 I finally convinced myself to turn on the longarm and get this Bear Paw quilt done.  You can see here I chose the zebra or tiger print batik for the back.  I can never decide if it is zebra in non traditional colors or tiger stripes.  What I do know is that it is a neutral and plays well with the front of the quilt.


I did loop-de-loop on this one with So Fine thread in a medium gold.  What I like about So Fine is that it hardly shows at all and in fact it was hard to tell where I had already quilted in a few places.


Picking the binding was a little harder project.  I wanted it to look good with the blue print border and the brown print back.  This fabric has brown and purple as the darkest colors with dots of almost every color.



I got the hand stitching done on one long side and 1/3 of a short side.  This quilt is about 54" x 68".  I'll measure it with an accurate number after the binding is done.




My medium pink Columbine in the back garden is starting to grow again.  I think it likes its nice shady spot.

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

The quilt looks great, love the binding choice.

Cheryl said...

Bear Paw is probably my favorite block, along with log cabin and maple leaf. Your quilt is gorgeous done in batiks. Thanks for showing the quilting....simple is good for this one.
My Columbines are just starting to come up. There is something about their perfect mound of leaves that is so sweet. We can forget to appreciate the entire plant, in all of it's stages.
Have a great Monday!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have never gotten a columbine to grow here but I do see them in the state - I guess it is just me and my yard that they do not do well for. I think the loops look fine on the Bear Paw and takes nothing away from your design of color

Mary said...

Loop-de-loop was a great choice for a quilting design.

Julierose said...

Bear Paws quilting looks amazing...
I've never had luck with columbines in our area...but then it's been so long since I've really gardened ....
hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

The binding choice was perfect! You will have another finish for the month!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congratulations on the near-finish. I have one pin basted and ready to quilt - just need to go into the studio and do it (laundry, paper work, any number of other excuses are keeping me downstairs for now).

Beth in MN said...

I enjoy following all your posts. The quilts are awesome. Thank you for sharing.

pbj fiber marietta said...

Love your bear paw! You're racing to the finish line for 3/31!

JJM said...

You really have accomplished alot finishing up your Bear Claw piece in the last few days.

I love columbine and am anxious to see the new leaves coming up in my garden.

JJM