Monday, March 22, 2021

Changed layout..............


Yesterday morning I decided to go back to one of the layouts I showed in my first post about these blocks. (second collage, layout on the right).  I took this photo late in the afternoon with the sunshine on the bottom row.


Then I decided to turn it on its side and add the top row to the ends of the existing rows.  It looks like electrical current going ZAP!  I made the last 2 blocks last night but didn't photograph it again because I was going to rearrange a few blocks.  This photo was taken in late afternoon daylight without turning on my lights so the next photo should be better.

It got up to 62 degrees yesterday so I went outside and cut all of the old Sedum flower stalks and did a little raking. Today is supposed to be warm too and then rain off and on for 4 days so I'll do a little more outside work.

I finished the day cutting that last batch of pinks and sewing the corners on.  I found that heart fabric and had to add it.  As soon as I finish tweaking the half rectangle Kaffe quilt I will sew it and then I can get back to the layout of the pink blocks.

11 comments:

Julierose said...

I like the side setting you've put together a lot.;))
Still too cold here to go out and do anything in our gardens--the ground is still frozen pretty much...lots of frost this morning...we are hoping for a shift to warmer temps this week.
hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

What a good name for this quilt ZAP! I was thinking it had a real zig zag look to the design. The weather has been unseasonably warm here and there is no more frost in the ground. I have a lot of cleaning up to do and like you, plan on pacing myself. I sure hope digging up those ornamental grasses will not be horrible. They can be tough to dig up.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the side setting!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

The ZAP layout is so cool -- have fun tweaking the block placements.

Vicki W said...

There are so many great possibilities with these blocks!

Anne Ibach said...

Ooh! I really like this layout! The contrast between the lights and darks is really wonderful!

Penny Schine Gold said...

Really glad you experimented with other layouts--I like both of these new ones a lot! The first one from before not so much--looked cramped.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the energy in the zig zags. So much great color. Looks good turned either way. Pinks are reminding me of flower petals.

JJM said...

Either way I love the zig-zag's. But the question is ... Are you happy with it or will you still pursue yet another layout ? 😉

Your pinks you have been showing are so refreshing. Such a sweet quilt for baby in the making.

JJM

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks look pretty in any arrangement. Looking forward to seeing the pink ones too.

Mystic Quilter said...

Those rich colours are mouth-watering! Definitely has the look of an electric current - ZAP is a great description.