Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Trying for number 3............


I had a burst of energy yesterday morning and started out by sewing the light border onto ZAP!  It is 53" x 65" right now.









 Then I finished sewing the backing together for the cool color 16 patch quilt.  I figured out I had enough of the blue Martha Negley floral if I pieced in the 3 leftover blocks.




I loaded it on the longarm and got the quilting done late in the day.






I did a large loose meander.  It is really hard to keep it large.  I tend to get smaller and smaller with the meander as I continue quilting.  I think I finally conquered it with this quilt though.



I trimmed the quilt and then started looking for binding.  This new Kaffe print was the first one I found.






If I want something darker this one goes pretty well with the quilt.  I will make a decision and cut the binding and sew it on all by machine, just under the wire for a March finish.

Monthly recap tomorrow.

10 comments:

Kerry said...

All lovely quilts Wanda.

Sheila said...

Lovely!

Linda Swanekamp said...

You certainly did get a burst of energy. Love all your choices for backing and binding- makes a super finish!

Julierose said...

You really did get a lot accomplished yesterday--nice quilts...hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

That quilt is so pretty! I am partial to blue. Good job getting another finish for the month! I am looking forward to tomorrow's recap of March. I am going to have to figure out what on earth did I get done this month. LOL!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you did a bit - although I love Zap, I love the blue more!

sue s said...

I like the ZAP! Good choice for border. You are certainly on a roll....

Needled Mom said...

Those are wonderful March finishes. That cool 16 patch is just gorgeous.

JJM said...

Thanks for showing your burst of energy progress. I'm envious of your normal energy level and when you get that burst 😳 WOW !

Your border framing Zap couldn't be any better, it just sings. And using those 16 patch blocks on the backing adds so much pizazz to the backing of this quilt. LOVE it AND I LOVE, LOVE BLUE TOO.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Just been catching with a few of your blog posts Wanda, lots of beautiful quilt finishes!! I see that your peonies are peeping up right now, I always look forward to seeing the blooms each year and I hope your daffodils bloom well for you this time around.