Friday, September 13, 2019

The good and the bad..........

Yesterday was a day of baking, hemming a lace and chiffon matron of honor dress, and getting together with my son's family.  All was going well until I came home and started mixing another batch of goodies.  The kitchen sink was totally stopped up, 8 p.m., no warning.  I made a quick trip to get a drain clog removal liquid but so far it is still clogged......
family gets here from out of state for the wedding later today.
So on a brighter note, the photo above is the Sedum with a moth with wings closed and this photo has its wings partially opened.  The Painted Lady and yellow and white butterflies along with these moths have been loving these blooms.

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is joy to watch the moths and butterflies love flower blooms. The fall has so much color blooming. Hope you get the drain fixed and can just enjoy your family company. I would have run screaming from the dresss you had to fix.

Debbie said...

OH dear.....drains know just when to create a stopage don 't they. I have had similar happenings in the past. Hope it is a quick fix and that all the wedding plans go smoothly.

Roxanne said...

I’ve never seen moths on our sedum, but would love too. Have a wonderful weekend with your family!

JJM said...

Why is it that a plumbing problem always happens when you have company on the way ? That has happened to us a time or two over the years also. . I sure hope it is fixed by now. With all you have got going, you still took time to post your pretty Sedum. I believe that is a Red Admiral butterfly. I remember catching and mounting them for my H.S. biology assignment, you and I know how long ago that was.

Enjoy your granddaughters wedding and family .

JJM

The Joyful Quilter said...

Here's hoping the sink is unclogged and the wedding goes off with flying colors!

Elle said...

I love love love my sedum Autumn Joy! It is magnificent when the seedheads change their color to fall. Mine just happened this week as we had several nights around 50.

The moth is gorgeous! (and I hope the sink plumbing is cleared now!)

Kerry said...

Beautiful moth on the sedum. I also have sedums but at the moment I'm getting small copper butterflies (tiny but oh so bright orange/vermilion colouring), our painted ladies have gone and only the few die hards of peacocks, red admirals and tortoiseshells that hibernate are around the buddleia and sedums and the windfall fruit. It's always wonderful to see your wildlife - the monarchs are so beautiful too. Many thanks for the cheerful - and my first email notification of my day. Made me smile. :D