Thursday, September 5, 2019

3 more star blocks.........

I think maybe I will make this whole quilt with novelty type prints combined with the solids.  Lynn's inspiration quilt is 81" x 99" (99 blocks).  I think I'll stop at a large throw or twin size depending on how many cute prints I find (and I have a lot of them).  Click on photos to enlarge and see the novelty prints.

I have 8 blocks sewn with 34 more sets of solid color triangles already cut.  This amount would make a quilt 54" x 63" which isn't large enough.  I want it to be at least 81" long.

I'm planning on going out to the Sandwich Fair today (DeKalb County fair) so I may have some quilt photos tomorrow.

8 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

The solids will add some relief from the novelty prints. Sounds like a good plan, Wanda! Enjoy the process of making the additional blocks for the size quilt you want (between all the other projects I'm sure you must have on the go.)

patty a. said...

That is a good way to use those novelty prints. Have fun at the fair!

Julierose said...

Perfect for those novelties...so neat!! hugs, Julierose

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The novelty fabric adds a lot of interest to these blocks.

JJM said...

Novelty prints and the 'pin wheel' sure make each block speciaL, plus they are are so much fun to see. And thank you for going to the fair today.. Look forward to your photo show.

JJM

Lynn Dykstra said...

I love your popcorn fabric. I have a different one. Always on the look-out for farm related novelties that are not cutesy. That potato chip one is pretty wonderful.

Lynn Dykstra said...

Farm fabric requirements for me: Not cutesy and not overly romantic. Growing up on the farm was wonderful, but was also hard work.

Jeri said...

I just love the fact that you reference the site you sometimes use for free block instructions and then show us special things you do with the blocks to make them your own. Thanks so much for all you do and show us.
Jeri in Texas.