Monday, September 16, 2019

A lovely weekend...........

I went to all but one of my granddaughter's fittings for her wedding dress so I knew the dress very well.  My job was to button about 30 satin buttons with elastic loops up the back of the dress.  In my day the loops would have been made with satin covered tiny cord.  The elastic was much easier to button.




When she was trying to find the something blue I reminded her that I had given her older sister my blue star sapphire ring many years ago.  The ring was brought back to IL and it fit her perfectly.  The 2 sisters are now going to share the ring.  The lace around the bouquet stems is from her mom's wedding dress.  We had cut it up and made the ring bearer's pillow for her older sister's wedding 7 1/2 years ago.  There was a lot of lace left and I'm so happy they used some more of it.

The reception hall was one of the nicest I have been to and the food was so delicious.  Of course the DJ had the music too loud but we knew that was coming.  The young folks had a great time dancing.
Here is one more zinnia photo with a complimentary bug added to it.  I haven't seen any Monarch caterpillars the last 2 days so I hope they have all made a Chrysalis somewhere and that we will have some Monarchs flying around in a couple weeks.

12 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

So glad you had a great time. I would have never been able to do those buttons with my big fingers. It is wonderful to have great memories with those you love.

patty a. said...

It sounds like everything went well other than your emergency plumbing issue. I had thrown down some California poppy seeds about a month ago and I had two flowers yesterday. It was a nice bit of color.

Chris said...

Congratulations Wanda! How special that you were there for your granddaughter's wedding! I love all of the special touches, like your beautiful ring, and the lace wound around the bouquet. Beautiful dress and bride!

Roxanne said...

It was a lovely photo of three generations yesterday and your wedding dress “job” today. Such sweet stories of treasured lace and something blue too. Thanks for sharing this happy time.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congrats on a successful wedding. It is a beautiful dress. That's a lot of buttons to button! I think the ring can work as the borrowed as well as the blue item. I have seen monarchs around here but there haven't been a lot in my yard because I don't have a lot of blooms.

Needled Mom said...

What an exciting weekend for you and the family! Do you think our music was ever that loud? lol

JJM said...

Your Grand daughters dress looked so elegant and beautiful as she is. What a lovely ring and using lace from your moms wedding dress. She had all the right wedding items, old, new, borrowed and blue. This marriage is sealed in deep family love.

And now it is so quiet once again and I'm sure you're back to your daily routine again.

JJM

Connie said...

Weddings are a very special time in life, congratulations to your lovely granddaughter and her new husband. Zinnias are one of my favorite flowers. I tend to like the type of flowers with petals around a center circle, like the daisy, zinnia and sunflower :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Elastic would be much easier - I had the satin covered cord and it was A PAIN. Glad you had a wonderful time!!

Vicki W said...

What a wonderful weekend!

Lesley Gilbert said...

Special memories were made at the weekend & thanks for sharing some photo's.
I went to a wedding in February and had a headache all the next day from the loud 'disco' music :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Sounds like you had such a happy day and grand-daughter's dress looks dreamy.