Saturday, September 28, 2019

Fun day........

My 2 friends came over to sew yesterday and the first thing I did was pressing all of my projects and then I worked on a WIP.


I finished sewing this quilt top together.  It will get a strip the same width as the sashing all around in the same fabric as the corner squares.  I already had lots of strips cut for the quilt that this was going to be when I started it many years ago.









This close up shows the fabrics a little better.  I have enough strips of the darker red already cut to use for binding.  Now I just need to look through both my gray and red fabrics to see what I might have for backing.  This will become a comfort quilt for a cancer patient.  A friend and I have paired up to do this for many patients.
The pinker purple asters were pretty the other day so I took the photo of all of the buds yet to bloom.  We had lots of rain yesterday so no outside photos then.




The bluer purple asters have planted themselves all over the place.  You can't imagine how many seeds these have with every center being a cluster of them.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

That will be a great comfort quilt and one less UFO! Everyone wins!

JJM said...

Your ''comfort quilt" that will be gifted to a cancer patient is truly a gift of compassion. Your fabrics and design will certainly lift the patients spirits. You and your friend have such giving hearts.

JJM

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your WIP - it will be a wonderful gift to a cancer patient. A friend of mine and I have teamed up to make several for cancer patients in her area - I get to make tops without having to worry about quilting them - and she gets to quilt a top without having to worry about making it - win - win! And "the blue purple asters have planted themselves all over the place" - too funny!! - ;))