Monday, September 9, 2019

Garden walk...........

I have 3 different colors of Rose of Sharon in my front round flower bed.








This one is more pink than the one above.










I was surprised to see a white one there since they are around the other side of the house.  Something must carry their seeds around.





I have 2 different kinds of Sedum, lots of one and only one plant of this one.  This one was in a back garden that was over crowded and it rarely had blooms back there.



This is the other variety which I keep splitting and putting different places.  I still have 2 pieces of it in pots that need homes.





Here are the 2 together in that front flower bed that I tried so hard to clean up this summer.  The first one is at the right and you can see it has a different kind of leaves too.  The Coralbell was dug up earlier this summer and put in the pot where it is doing very well.
I think this butterfly is a Painted Lady.










Even the buds on the zinnias are pretty neat.









I was pulling out Goldenrod all summer and I still ended up with a patch of it blooming.  It will get pulled or chopped down before the flowers dry up.

I have been watching the weather this week very carefully since my granddaughter's wedding is on Saturday.  We are in for 3 tropical hot steamy days in the middle of the week but it looks like the weekend might be cooler and less humid.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite lovely...thanks for sharing this. Good way to start my day.

Julierose said...

Your sedums are lovely--I want to get the variety "Autumn Joy"--perhaps on my errands around town today I will find one...
hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

I wish I could have sedum but the deer eat it. You still have a lot of color in your yard. Mine, not so much. I have a bit of lavender still blooming and a few coneflowers, but that is about it. I fertilized and gave my lavender a good drink of water last night, sprinkled a bit on the coneflowers, and watered the squash as I still have one yellow squash and one zucchini almost ready to pick. We hadn't had rain in a while so a little drink wouldn't hurt.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I don't have a lot of blooms this year, but the sedum is starting to bloom. It is pink.

JJM said...

Lovely photos of all your autumn blossoms, Wanda.

JJM

Fabric Fanatic said...

When I saw that first flower, I went ohhhhhh, hollyhocks! I was wrong, but it sure reminded me of the row of hollyhocks planted along the fence by the driveway. Your garden is always lovely. When I had a yard, I had flower beds along the house and I was fortunate that everything I planted was happy where it was and grew and grew. I was terrified to dig up and move any of it. (I had always had a black thunb, you see.) Crossing my fingers for good weather on the wedding day.

Kerry said...

Lovely photos. Yes, painted lady is the butterfly - we've had a fair few this year! The golden rod reminds me of my old house - I never planted it, but it found its way into the garden! My grandmother also had golden rod but it seemed so much neater and orderly than mine! I don't know how she did it - or if it was the soil. And the little bumblebee on the sedum. The white hibiscus is beautiful. I miss my blue one as we didn't bring it with us in the move. Ah well, I can enjoy yours instead. Thank you :D

EYSchmitt said...

Your flowers are beautiful and I love your goldenrod! Do you trim and prune your rose of sharons? Mine keep getting taller and taller....and I'm thinking they would look and bloom better if I could get them to be bushier.