Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Last night's tasks..........

The new season TV shows started last night so I have to have my "work" lined up to do while watching the shows.  I have 3 student kits to separate and package and the kit sample Colorwash wallhanging to sew.  


I want this wallhanging on the wall behind me for the first live session with my Colorwash 360 class. I'm building Colorwash projects along with the class.

This picture below was taken last summer when my garden's blooms were gorgeous, it worked out to be the perfect time for a quilt photo shoot. This is an example of one of my early Colorwash wallhangings, like I mentioned in my recent Interview. The fabrics back then were much more muted, and I added additional interest with Applique.

When you're making a piece of art, you define the direction you're taking it. 

I have enjoyed making Colorwash my own and I hope that all who take my online class will do the same overtime as you incorporate the foundational color practice of smooth gradation in your own bodies of work.

Colorwash 360 is open for enrollment until Sep 30. Click HERE to Join me in class!

7 comments:

diane said...

Morning Wanda, you and your color wash quilt fit perfectly into the flower garden. Lovely setting!

Chris said...

Hi Wanda,
I shared your Colorwash 360 information with several friends, I hope some of them try it! I understand that the online work-on-your-own class will be available for up to a year after purchase, I think. But when are the live sessions? I've tried to read that and haven't found an answer. Thanks Wanda!

patty a. said...

I have my sewing machine right next to the TV so I can watch and sew at the same time too. You in your garden is a lovely picture. The coneflowers are so pretty. Mine are getting brown now. I don't want to deadhead them because the finches like the seeds.

Anonymous said...

that is a great pic.wanda.i i enjoy your garden.vera.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like the number tags you show - I've been cutting out sets so they're ready to go. Always love seeing you (and your quilts) outdoors and in the garden.

JJM said...

Nice post today, with all the information needed to enroll in your class. Hope you're getting a good amount of students, to work with.

Seems like all the good t.v. shows we like are all on Monday night. Watching one and recording the rest.

JJM

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That picture in the garden is gorgeous - beautiful lady, beautiful flowers, beautiful quilt.