Thursday, August 1, 2019

July Monthly recap.........and zippers............

Finally some finishes.......the first ones since April.  The colorwash rail fence is 33" x 39.25", the squares and frames with Marcia Derse fabric is 49.5" x 66.5" and the Wild Rectangles is 40" x 53.5".  


I made 7 new zipper blocks last night.  I used some fun fabrics in this group.









My back garden has more blooms now that almost all of the tiger lilies have opened.  I took this photo in the early evening so it has more of a blue cast.  If I photographed the same area in the morning it would have a yellow green tone.  I love looking out at this from my kitchen window.
The Blackberry Lilies are still blooming and the hosta is turning light green.  The coneflowers pop up everywhere.

I mowed the grass yesterday afternoon, taking advantage of the cooler less humid weather.

6 comments:

Hedy said...

Your finishes are beautiful. Love your garden too. Flowers sure make us happy.

patty a. said...

Good job getting three finishes for the month! You back garden is so pretty. It is nice you get to enjoy that view when you are at the kitchen sink.

JJM said...

I can tell you are pleased with your finishes for July. I didn't realize you didn't have any since April. Are you sure ? You keep us so captivated with your daily posts that I've forgotten if you did or didn't . (^._,^) loved them all especially your Rail Fence. And your new zippers just sparkle.

JJM

Kerry said...

Lovely finishes - I'm drawn to the rail fence florals! Beautiful flowers in the garden. Thank you.

karenf said...

Love your choice of fabrics in the squares and frames quilt. where can I find/purchase instructions for this quilt pattern?

Jeri said...

Thank you for the information for the blog showing about the Zipper blocks. I've up sized the squares to 2 1/2" and using them as leaders and enders. I have a friend that comes to see ever couple of weeks so while she's here I pull out my 2 1/2" GO die and dive into my scraps and cut side strips and squares. It gives me enough leaders and enders till her next visit. I'm using solid black scraps for the zippers. Thanks again!
Jeri