Saturday, August 3, 2019

Cut, cut, cut and sew.............

My two friends came over yesterday for a shortened sewing day and I worked on a block cut with my Studio die cutter.  I have used the die before and think one of the pieces isn't quite right.  I need to work on it some more so I'll show it later.

I took a pile of my scraps and cut 22 more postage stamp print squares.
Last night I paired plain colors with all of the print pieces I had already cut for the framed 9 patch blocks.  I sewed 4 of the 9 patches but didn't want to turn on the iron until I need more things pressed.  My art quilter friends are coming Monday so I will be in cleaning mode all day today and baking either early or late in the day since it is going to be hot over the weekend.

If you have asked me a question in a comment and you didn't get an answer back it is because you have no link to your email.  You can email me directly to the email address on my right side bar if you really want an answer.

6 comments:

marj k said...

You are such an inspiration. Don't you ever lose your motivation? I love fabric and quilting but sometimes just need a push to actually make something. How do you stay motivated?

Julierose said...

I like the solid alternating with the prints--I want to make that type of piece with my leftover solids...very pretty--
Sometimes on my dies I also get slightly alop pieces..Don't know why..
Perhaps I don't position them all correctly--anyway--it doesn't happen that often and using the dies really saves my hands a lot of pain from rotary
work, so I am glad I have my Go!Baby;)) Stay cool hugs, Julierose

Sally Langston Warren said...

Lovely fabrics! I echo what Marj K said. Maybe instead of individual replies, this would be a good additional topic for a blog post?! Also, do you ever make lists of what you want/need to accomplish the next day (mow side yard, repot plants, groceries, etc) or are you one of those “born organized” people who just always stay on track?

JJM said...

This comment is to the above commenters.... Wanda was born organized (^._.^) I've known Wanda for well over 50 years and she is like non other ! Plus always sharing and giving her talent to others. Even though we're miles apart we continue our friendship. I'm jealous of her friends that can drive across town to sew with her.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

For me, the secret lies in always doing something because all those little things that add up over time. Watching Wanda share her work here is such an inspiration and it definitely keeps me motivated.

sewyouquilt2 said...

I wanna grow up and be like you.👍