Thursday, August 15, 2019

Roof is done, silence once more...........

While they were working on my roof yesterday I did some more cutting of Hunter Star pieces.  This is a totally scrappy quilt.





While I had the iron on to press those I pressed the postage stamp blocks too and then sewed the cross seams.

The roofers were here from 8 - 3:30 yesterday.  There was a pause at noon and I went out to look at the roof and they were out of shingles.  More were delivered about a half hour later and then about an hour after that another bundle was dropped off so their estimate of how many needed was off.  I'm so happy it is done. Now I have to hope they did a good job.

8 comments:

Dorothy said...

Roof Silence = :-) :-)

patty a. said...

You sure kept busy while the roofers pounded away. Since the insurance company paid for the roof I would go back to them if any issues pop up. Hopefully they did an excellent job.

Julierose said...

That noise is so hard to withstand! glad it's over for you, Wanda.
those postage stamp blocks are coming along so well...hugs, Julierose

Frog Quilter said...

Silence is golden!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad it is done for you - I remember the sound of silence when mine was done and it was so nice! And I loved the way my roof looked.

JJM said...

Good to hear roof is checked off your list and you can back to your routine again. We had our asphalt drive (1/3 mile long) patched and resealed last week. My husband checked on what he did. But I didn't, I wish I had checked before the patcher left. I was not as pleased as my husband.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I bought the hunter star die, too. Haven't used it yet but I have a picture of a scrappy one that I want to try. Will be watching yours with interest!

Elli Om said...

Hey. It turns out that you worked better than roofers :)