Monday, August 5, 2019

A few more blocks................

After finishing all of the cleaning I needed a little fun sewing.  I made all of the framed 9 patch blocks that I had cut and 2 of the zipper blocks.  Today I will put all 30 of the 9 patch blocks up on a design wall.






I put almost all of the zipper blocks up on a single design wall.  I made the zipper teeth in each vertical row various shades of the same color, purple, orange, turquoise, pink/red, yellow, green and blue.  It is just a trial layout to see if I want to do them this way or random colors in every row.

The art quilters will be here most of the day.  The cookies are baked, basement clean, I'm ready.

8 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

I like the idea of the teeth in the same shades. Your tomatoes look delicious - ours are still small and green but the plant is sooo big, about my height!! Maybe I've fed them too much and the energy didn't go to the toms! We still have time for a good result as I was late planting them. Love all the work you've sewn in the past week :)

Sharon W. said...

I'm not taken by the "same shade" idea: to achieve that, you seem to end up with some random pairs of same-color outer portions, so the effect is an almost-random overall layout. I'd love to see what you would do with totally random layout. As you pieced the blocks, I didn't think I liked the design. Seeing them laid out changes my mind!!!

Julierose said...

I think the "framing adds a lot of eye resting space between the brighter colors--I like it..nice work...hugs, Julierose;)))

patty a. said...

You have been busy the last few days. The blocks for the framed 9 patch and zipper blocks are coming along nicely. Have fun with your friends today!

Mary said...

The zipper blocks are really intriguing. Maybe your quilting friends will help you play with the layout. Eat a cookie for me.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda - I've been impressed by all you have accomplished these past weeks and hope you enjoy today's visit with the Art Quilters.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Enjoy your time with the art quilters. I like the framed nine patches - still waiting to see if I fall in love with the zipper blocks when you finish your layout.

JJM said...

I for one LOVE your zipper layout ! I hope you don't change it. Looking forward to seeing your 9 patch layout.

I'm sure you and your artisans had a great day creating.

JJM