Saturday, August 31, 2019

Done...........

I think I can, I KNOW I can......finish it.










Here is the proof, all four corners done.  Finished photo tomorrow.

Yesterday I finished vacuuming the attic.  It was too hot to finish the other day and yesterday was nice and cool.  I had the area by the whole house fan to finish up.

Lots of weeds got pulled.  The ground was soft enough they came out pretty easily.  I wanted to get all of the ones that have burrs on them pulled before they dry up and are a real nuisance.  It is going to be warmer and more humid on Sunday and Monday so I'll probably go out and pull more weeds today.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Great that you finished the binding!! Pulling weed= back breaking work...be careful...hugs, Julierose

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your binding is nicely mitered. I look forward to seeing the quilt. I have been trying to get outdoor work done too, now that it is cooler.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great photo shots today! Don't overdo it outside!

JJM said...

Beautiful hand finish Wanda ~ knowing our home and yard work is never ending anymore. And it takes longer too. I admire you so for posting every day showing us your accomplishments in your studios . At least I can keep up with the chores, but working in some creative time is nill any more.

JJM

Fabric Fanatic said...

Wanda, I saw a nifty commercial for a Fiskars weed puller and thought it was ingenious, so I went to the store to check it out. Less than $40 and so easy to use. My aunt who is 93 with a huge yard and ambitious heart has been pulling weeds by hand, but her body rebels. I gave it to her to try it out in the yard here at the apartments, and the ground was hard, but they came out with little effort and she loves it. Now my grown cousins have all put it on their list to buy. It is fast work.

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice backing fabric, is that a KF?