Wednesday, August 7, 2019

It's all black and white...............

I loaded this quilt on the longarm a week ago but straightening and cleaning the basement ended up taking 4 days so I didn't get it quilted.





I tackled it yesterday and used a nice even meander with white thread for the quilting.












 The backing fabric is 57" wide so I didn't have to piece it.  It has off white and gray in addition to black in the print.  It is a heavier weight fabric and I hope it softens up when I wash it.



All trimmed and waiting for binding.  I'm pretty sure it will be a black with white print.







This is the view as I get to the bottom of the basement steps.  The double design wall is in front of my washer and dryer so I need to take down the blocks and slide and stack the design walls so I can do laundry today.

13 comments:

Ramona said...

Wow! I love your black and white quilt. It's so striking with all of the different designs in the fabric. It's amazing how different the solid/print blocks look from afar. The blocks on the right look like twinkling Christmas lights. Beautiful!

Hedy said...

I really like your black and white quilt, I’ve been thinking of making another one too. I sure wish I had space for a double board, one isn’t big enough.

patty a. said...

The B&W quilt is a stunner! That is too bad you don't have a place to keep you design wall in a place where you don't have to move it. The basement sure looks clean! I have been thinking about cleaning my fabric storage room; it is quite a mess! I am just afraid how long it might take!

Nann said...

That scallopy border print jumps around as I look at the photo -- hope it's a tad calmer as you sew it.

Ruth said...

I really like your black and white quilt and the backing looks pretty interesting too.
I like seeing your Framed Nine Patch and Postage Stamp blocks up on your design wall. I have been paying close attention to your fabric combinations for the F9P blocks.
And....I confess, I have design wall envy. Those panels look pretty big, I'm guessing 8 feet and they must be lightweight if you move them around. I also wonder how you reach to put up the top row of blocks.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love all three of these - and your view to the basement is a nice bit of color with those walls there with the quilts

JJM said...

Another quilt close to a finish , enjoyed seeing it on the long arm and the meandering quilting (enlarged that photo) it truly is a striking quilt.

JJM

Nancy said...

Great prints and backing, too! Your workspace is wonderful for doing quilting.

Tami Von Zalez said...

I like your b&w quilt. I have a WIP of a black/white/pink one on my To-Do list.

Connie said...

Look at that . . . it reminds be of M C Escher's art. I discovered his work back in the seventies and have been a fan ever since. Your quilts are so special . . . you just have that wonderful ability to know what works together and want doesn't. Gorgeous!!!

Vicki W said...

Love the black and white quilt! The meander is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Great black and white quilt........why not put your design wall on casters? Easy to move away and not remove blocks. Mine works great.

Mystic Quilter said...

Both wonderfully colourful, but oh the Postage Stamp is something else!!