Monday, August 12, 2019

Basting............

Since I don't have friends coming to sew this week I will use my double table (60" x 96" for thread basting.  I have been wanting to do this for a long time but I know how to procrastinate very well......


 I finished this quilt top a year ago and since it isn't real large I decided to baste it first.  I got the backing fabric pressed and seamed together and had all of my layers ready by noon yesterday.  I worked on it on and off through the afternoon and finished basting it about 8:30 p.m.

Since that one went so smoothly I pressed and seamed the backing for this African fabric quilt top that I made in 2014.  I got the layers laid out and put in one row of basting last night.  I'll alternate between ditch quilting the first one and basting this one today.
I saw the cutest baby bunny in the backyard yesterday afternoon.  It was busy eating the weeds that grow in my lawn.






Then it hopped deeper into the garden area (center left) and watched the squirrel cleaning up under the bird feeder.

We got some nice rain yesterday morning.  It sounds like today's rain late in the day might go mostly south of us.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Just love that Japaneses "X and plus" quilt--i have wanted to give that a try for a while--lots of pieces though..looks complicated...
We have two resident bunnies (probably at least !) that feed on our side lawn every morning... Cute!! ;))))
hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

Both of those quilts are so pretty! Loads of color and movement! I saw a fawn and its mom in the backyard this weekend. I will post their pictures tomorrow since my post was getting awfully long today.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda. Loving both these quilts, especially the first one, which is the brighter of the two, probably because of the white fabrics used in it, but they are both so beautiful. We also have big and little bunnies running around, and some days, when going out for the paper, will encounter one on the front lawn, but not moving, as I get to the bottom of the driveway to pick up the paper. I think they feel as though, if they don't move a muscle, they are not visible, but on my way back up the driveway, I said good morning to it, and it scampered off into the bushes. I'm praying that we will get some of the rain this afternoon, as we are in desperate need of it. Have a good day.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't remember seeing the second quilt you show - I love it -

JJM said...

Good to see these quilts again. And that they are on their way to a finish. I've often wondered if you have ever documented how many quilts you have made in your lifetime . I know it has to be in the 100's , right ?

JJM