Sunday, August 4, 2019

Garden and design walls.......

Finally with some cooler weather the tomatoes are ripening faster than one a day.  They don't ripen in the extremely hot weather so there are lots of green tomatoes on the plants.  The trivet is from the 1960s.

I'm still working on cleaning up the basement for the art quilters who are coming tomorrow.  One of the things I have to do is take down all of my projects from the design walls and use the lint rollers to clean off all of the threads.  I got more of the sashing strips sewn on these blocks Friday when my friends were here and now they are off the wall and in a box with the rest of the fabric.

5 comments:

Hedy said...

The tomatoes look delicious, and so many. I really like this quilt today, something I’d make myself.

Anonymous said...

We have been away from home for two weeks. It will be interesting to see if we have red tomatoes. Our neighbors have been watching the garden, so maybe they have had some already. I have a trivet with that saying on it. It belonged to my grandmother and I remember it hanging in her kitchen. She had a large garden. With five children, sometimes that was the only food they had. She also made quilts, but again, with five children, she didn't make many and they were made of scraps from aprons and old dresses.
deb

sewyouquilt2 said...

Pretty quilt and I love that trivet. Seems like I remember seeing one somewhere like it.

JJM said...

Tomatoes look delicious, your trivet makes me smile with memories. And I love the precise design of the blocks for this quilt. Enjoy your day with your art quilters tomorrow.

JJM

Nann said...

My mother had that cast-iron piece on a stake that she stuck in her garden. I kept it. Some years I even remember to put it in my garden; now I think it's in the shed. I have harvested four cherry tomatoes but the big ones are still green.