Thursday, August 29, 2019

Cool weather projects............

I live in a one story ranch style house but I have a stairway to my attic.  Yesterday morning while it was cool I was up there vacuuming up all of the grit from the roofing job.  My house was built in 1953 and they used tongue and groove boards on the roof instead of plywood so there are cracks between them for the grit to sift through.  Late in the afternoon I mowed the grass since it was still comfortable out.

Last night I cut 30 more fabrics for my colorwash360 kits.  It is pretty obvious that I have lots of values missing for a smooth blend.  Also I'm running out of space on this small design wall.

My zinnias are doing well even though I planted them really late in the season.








I think I should plant zinnias in my raised bed in the backyard next year instead of tomatoes.  I'm having better luck with the tomatoes in a partly shady area.  

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Wow that vacuuming couldn't have been easy--good for you! We have a similar problem with dust always coating our cars in the garage from the attic above...vacuuming does help out...
hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

My zinnias have grown well this year. Had a bit of a bout with Japanese beetles earlier, but they are gone now.

patty a. said...

I had piles of grit to clean up when I had the roof on my former 1920 arts and craft bungalow replaced. There were three layers of shingles! The bottom layer of shingles was nothing but grit!

Your colorwash cutting is coming along and your zinnias are pretty. I didn't grow any this year.

JJM said...

Wanda, I didn't see that your Colorwash needed more blendables until you brought our attention to it. This is going to be a beautiful Colorwash kit ! Zinnias to brighten your day and ours for sharing your photo. Good to hear you can check off your chore of vacuuming your attic. You are so meticulous, who else would have done that ?

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good for you for getting rid of that grit before it laid there too long and started to stick to everything. What a job!!

Mystic Quilter said...

I began to cut KF fabrics when I was part of Colorwash 365 last time but changed my mind and decided as I had so many batiks I would work with them - early days yet but it's interesting seeing that you lay them all out an d work up to a kit.