Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Downtown- a finished quilt top............

I knew I had to trim the stripe blocks but as I held the ruler up to the others I could see I needed to trim all of them.  At first I worried that the vertical strips wouldn't line up from block to block.  Then it hit me, the windows in all of the buildings in a downtown wouldn't have windows lined up perfectly with each other.  From there it was trim, trim, trim.
I'm actually quite happy with it.  When I originally made the blocks I didn't think the rosy/brown blocks fit in with the rest but now I like them in there for contrast and variety.  It is 39" x 51" so one width of fabric will work for the back.  Yay, I don't need to piece a backing!

10 comments:

Marnie Haines said...

Just love this piece! Marnie

Debbie said...

The rosy/brown blocks give the greatest illusion of depth....like recessed windows. Looks great:)

Roxanne said...

These fun blocks are now an even more fun quilt. Loved the addition of the vertical stripes.

stitchinpenny said...

I saw this in the first iteration and hated it. Now I love it. I wish I had one tenth the vision you have. Adding the stripes to break up the strong pattern makes it so striking and the interest is multiplied.

sheila said...

love this--you are so talented

Sharon W. said...

Splendid! The varied box-block colors suggest the mix of ages and styles in a city: I'm thinking NYC as I look at it. It would be a perfect wall piece for a city office!!!!

patty a. said...

The top turned out wonderful!

JJM said...

Perfection again, I can see all the trimming you did and it really looks great. It makes a wonderful wall hanging .

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congratulations, Wanda -- this is a great finish (and so much better than blocks languishing in a box).

Connie said...

I love the way your mind works when you make a quilt . They are so interesting and unique .