Tuesday, May 31, 2022

A lazy day...........


It got up to 87 degrees yesterday and even though it was fairly low humidity I didn't have much incentive to do anything.  I went out after lunch and watered the tomato plants and hanging baskets.  I noticed this pink Peony with fluffy yellow center getting ready to bloom.


I played with some ideas for new quilts to start and didn't work on anything that is in progress.

Last evening I decided I needed to get out and plant this lime green Coral Bell.  First I had to dig out some good size clumps of new grass and transplanted them into some bare spots in the lawn.  I gave them lots of water so I hope they settle in well.


When they dug out the top 5" of soil with roots and invasive plants last year I told them not to remove my Annabelle Hydrangea and the Peonies in front of it.  I wasn't sure there were really 2 Peonies still there until I saw them blooming last night.  The pink one is in the back, the white in front.


The Annabelle Hydrangea has small buds now.  They should grow fast and be big blooms soon.






My dark color Columbine is still in a pot and over winters next to the garage wall.  It has been in this pot more than 5 years so I think I need to plant it this year.  I said that last year too and didn't do it.







It was starting to get dark when I took this photo so it was hard to get true color.  I think I should get a packet of mixed color seeds this year and see if I can start some more of them.

Today is supposed to be around 87 again with possible severe storms after 5 p.m.  I hope it turns out to just be a rain storm.

I will do my monthly recap tomorrow.  It will be small since I didn't finish either of the tops I have been working on. I'm really not looking forward to putting 320 small blocks on the design wall.  I think I'll try a couple more layouts before I get serious about a finished top.


 

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the columbine looks great in the pot I wonder how much bigger it would grow in the ground glad both of your peonies made it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It was 82 here yesterday, but not much humidity and a nice breeze. Today is stickier and will be hotter, but Wednesday a storm is coming through and bringing rain and cooler temps. Got all my pots/boxes planted yesterday, but need more plants. Not much sewing unfortunatley. Good luck with all those wonderful blocks!

patty a. said...

That columbine is so pretty! 5 years in that pot is amazing. It is suppose to be a little cooler later this week so maybe you can finally get it in the ground so it can stretch out.

Julierose said...

Gosh, I feel for you--320 blocks on the wall and then looking and re-arranging probably? Yikes--you had better take it easy and rest in between kiddo!!
I am wondering here how I will get my 30 blocks up on my wall...;000 So far 5 are done...Trying for one a day..but can't always do that--okay tho' still progress..
Before it got really hot and humid this morning, my darling DH convinced me to get my short walk/stroll done!! We went to a local playing fields where they have a walking circle (for him 8/10th of a mile long) and also plenty of flat tarmac (for me)to walk on...I did one slow circuit of the tarred area--about 12 minutes' worth--that is good for me right now...Forging ahead;)))
hugs and good luck with your "wall works" Julierose

JJM said...

Enjoyed your garden photos ~ especially the columbine ~ JJM

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your garden us just as pretty as your quilts

Needled Mom said...

Everything looks so lush and healthy.