Sunday, May 8, 2022

Happy Mother's Day in the US............


I finished sewing the group of turquoise and blue blocks that I started last night.  There are 51 here.






Next will be the green strips.

I spent a lot of time outside yesterday.  It was beautiful and sunny but not too hot yet.

I mowed the grass again yesterday.  That is twice in one week.  With all of the rain the grass has really grown fast.  Also I cut it high the first 2 times and lowered the blade down to my normal summer height this time.




I got a flat of Pansies with a gift certificate that I received for Christmas.  This is the large planter and I filled 3 smaller ones too.





My Sedums are getting big by the mailbox.  There is a miniature Hosta there too named Hi Ho Silver.  I thought maybe I lost it last year with the extreme heat but it came back.




My Brunnera is loaded with tiny blue flowers but it is hard to get a good photo of it.  If you enlarge the photo you can see more of its beauty.





The Redbuds are starting to bloom and look at the blue sky!







The Redbuds in the back garden area have more flowers open.  With the warm temperatures predicted for a week they will be all open very soon.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its interesting to see how much different the bloom times are in your part of the country (I am on the east coast, a bit farther south) - our redbuds and dogwoods are almost in synch most years, and this year are pretty much done (helped along by a couple days of rain the end of last week). I'm watching your strips project with great interest, I have a big bin that is due for some attention next, or at least soon.

ceci

Linda Swanekamp said...

Spring is certainly magical. The colors, the smells and oh, that sky! It is supposed to be sunny all week here- amazing, maybe the roof will be finished!

Julierose said...

I love your blue and turquoise blocks--those greens will be a lovely addition.
You are in serious blooming season there. We are still having chilly and windy conditions here...at least the sun is shining today--Happy Mother's Day, Wanda!
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always love seeing redbuds blooming and ours was so fast and not as much this year because of a freeze we had just before blooming time.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lucious colors - fabrics and plants (and sky). Happy Mother’s Day to you.

JJM said...

Lovely Mother’s Day post Wanda, such pretty strips you are working on, and awesome garden tour.

JJM

Mary said...

You're working with some of my favorite colors in your current project. We had a high of 95 degrees yesterday and another hot day in store for us tomorrow, so our pansies are pretty much spent.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your blocks are coming right along. Pretty and pretty gardens

Marnie Haines said...

Happy Mother's Day, Wanda. Hope you are enjoying some of it with family. Your garden is such a great complement to all of the wonderful quilting you share with us all day after day. Once again it will be fun to see how these strips evolve into a quilt. Thanks for sharing!

patty a. said...

The red bud trees are so pretty! I bought a flat of marigolds, but didn't plant them because of the cold temps. Looks like I will be able to get them in the ground now.

Lesley Gilbert said...

It's good to see the progress of all your plants and those dogwoods are very pretty. 2 weeks ago I bought a few plants for my wall planters and they are coming along nicely. We got back from our 4 day trip to Scotland tonight and I can already see a difference - we had 3 sunny days while away & I'm guessing the same at home. I managed to knit a beanie hat while away which I'm pleased about :)

Chookyblue...... said...

The blocks and the blossoms are so pretty

Jackie said...

Love these blocks. What is the total size of each block?
It appears to be 3.5" wide but not sure on the length.
Jackie Lujan