Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Way too hot............


 I got my three hanging pots for the backyard planted and one porch pot done.  It was 88 degrees yesterday with a dew point of 70...that is tropical humidity and it is not even the middle of May.  Average high for this date is 68 degrees.  I hope this isn't a preview of our summer.  It is supposed to be just as hot today and maybe Thursday and Friday also.  I haven't turned on the A/C yet because I closed up the house early yesterday morning and turned on the ceiling fans.  The house stayed fairly cool and not humid but I'm sure I will have to turn it on today.

l got 8 strip sets sewn last night during TV time.  Most shows are having their season finale this week and some will be next week so I will be switching over to HGTV and all of the remodeling shows or not turning the TV on at all.

8 comments:

patty a. said...

More beautiful strip sets! It was nice here yesterday, not too hot yet. This morning I did set the A/C to come on if the house gets over 79 degrees. The last few days the attic fan has been running (it is on a thermostat) and it helps keep the upstairs cooler. I have a bi-level so the kitchen, living room and my bedroom are upstairs and the studio and two more bedrooms are on the lower level.

Julierose said...

That is hot for May for sure!! We haven't had anything near that here as yet--but i am sure it will come...
Nice strip sets -- love those sunflowers peeking through...
stay cool today--hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it was about 90 here for several days now and the A/C has been on. This is unusual here too it is not usually so hot in May - my cousin in Milwaukee commented yesterday that it was nearly 90 there too - I hope it is not a sign of what summer will be!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Summer temps have arrived here as well. We've had the A/C on for a while now in order to keep the indoor air filtered from the green season pollen that makes all of us feel rotten.

MissPat said...

We're expecting 4 days of 80 degrees, but humidity will hold off until the weekend when we may get rain. The 2nd floor is warming up already, but the 1st floor is still cool. No AC here, so when it get hot, I get grumpy.
Pat

JJM said...

Well your hot humid weather didn’t affect your creativity; those strip sets are awesome.

I know its hard to believe, but up here in the mountains I’m still wearing my hat and mittens on my morning walk.

JJM

Needled Mom said...

So that is where our warm weather is! That is toasty for you. It was 39* here this morning. I ready for some heat.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your strips sets are pretty
Yes t h e heat creeped up fast.