Tuesday, May 3, 2022

2 blocks.................


I made a second Morning Star cut with a die last night.  These are both from the same sunflower print.  It changed colors 3 times across the fabric so I sorted them into matching color piles.

I mowed the lawn yesterday because it has been 9 days since I mowed it the first time and with all of the rain we have had it really needed cutting.  I noticed how tall my Coral bells were in my front gardens when I was sweeping the grass off the sidewalk.  The old leaves that stay all winter are still there on all but one that I trimmed.


These are the 2 biggest Hostas in the front flower beds.  With 2" of rain predicted this week and then high 70s and 80s next week I expect to see everything shoot up and fill out. 

8 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your blocks and your garden are beautiful

Julierose said...

Coral bells really did well--they are so pretty...
Still only a few spritzes of rain here...and it's gray once again...funny weather for May...hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

So happy to see another Morning Star, I love that pattern and your fabric choices are as full of beautiful spring color as your Coral Bells and Hostas foliage. A very pretty post today.

JJM

Ann Pierson said...

I am loving that Morning Star block!!!!! I've been trying to figure out the construction (I think I've got it...lol), and cannot wait to see the full quilt! Thanks again for sharing!

Mary said...

The Morning Star blocks are beautiful, but look like it might be a lot of work to get all those points to meet!

Cindy said...

That sunflower batik is one of my favorites!!!!! That block is amazing!!! Don't think I have ever seen that one before!!! Pretty sure I do not want to sew it together! And your hostas are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

patty a. said...

Your cora bells are so much bigger than mine! I protect mine from the deer, I baby them, fertilize them, mulch them, and give them lots of attention, but they never seem to ever get very big. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. You sure have the magic touch when it comes to growing cora bells!

Lynn Dykstra said...

The blocks match the spring growth!