Monday, May 30, 2022

The last batch............


This is the last batch of blocks, 54 of them.  I have more fabric paired up but am not planning on sewing the strip sets at this point.  I will  now take all of the blocks to the basement to start playing with layouts.  

For those people who ask, but have no link for me to answer you, this post talks about the size of the blocks.




The next Peony is blooming.  This is a single dark rose.  The other early one has a few more petals but isn't full and fluffy like the rest of mine are.  I didn't notice this trend in previous years so maybe I haven't been paying attention.


Right next to that Peony is my white Bleeding Heart.  It isn't doing much blooming yet and I don't see a lot of buds either.






This Mushroom or is a Toad Stool is growing in my front lawn.  I guess that proves we had several rainy days in a row last week.




More Pansies just because they are so pretty. 

I got some weeds pulled yesterday afternoon and trimmed some branches off my Viburnum bush.  It is blocking my view of the back garden.

Today is supposed to be the hot one but not terribly humid so I might go outside to work, and then I might not.  Time will tell.


 

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Good work getting the last of those blocks ready to play with;)))
Aren't those pansies just so pretty? I love their colorful open "faces".
Hope your day is a good one hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to work more on weeding but today and tomorrow at near 88 if I do any it will be in the shade gardens for sure

Linda Swanekamp said...

Playing with those blocks will be fun. I did a lot of digging and gardening yesterday, but still have pots to plant. Everything is growing so fast and green due to enough rain.

Needled Mom said...

I’m looking forward to seeing the layout of the total of blocks. It is so nice to see so much color in your gardens. The pansies add such happiness to pots and beds.

JJM said...

I’m so anxious to see what you will create with your ‘Switch Plates’ and hope you give us a sneak peek tomorrow.

So jealous of all of you that have been having warm sunny days… the weather kids tell us maybe tomorrow we’ll get up to a high of 66 with some sun.

JJM

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your blocks are so pretty. I need to make more for my quilt. Am loving it though

sewyouquilt2 said...

Those blocks are be a utiful.cant w a it to see the quilt

patty a. said...

I didn't realize those blocks were as small as they are. Their smaller size will give you a lot of flexibility with color arranging. It was hot here too but there was a nice breeze blowing which was the only thing beside sheer determination to get as much weeding done as I did this weekend. I know what time the sum will be shining on the different beds so I can plan my weeding time to be in the shade. Sometimes it is just hard to get up early on the weekends for me to go out and weed! LOL!!

Vicki W said...

You made a lot of blocks while I was on vacation! That's going to be a very striking quilt.

Mystic Quilter said...

My comment here is covering your past few posts. Thank you so much for sharing the photos of your wonderful garden. I always look forward to these posts and love seeing what you have flowering. Your peonies are always a favourite and your dark columbine is a beauty. Good for you finishing the last batch of blocks, looking forward to seeing your settings.

Michele said...

I love seeing my older fabrics in your selections. I loved the print on the bottom row, right, so much that I used every bit up. The large print in the middle of the middle row I had, and used up, in a different colorway.
I love finding favorite prints in quilt's I've made, and even more, in quilts made by others.

can't have too many pansies either!