Friday, May 13, 2022

The heat is on..............


Another day of 90 degrees.....I told a friend I was going out to take photos when it got down to 80.  Well that was 8:30 last night so it is a good thing I went out when it was 85 degrees.  The humidity was lower so it didn't feel too bad.  Here is one of my porch pots, the one that looks the best just a day after planting.


The Jack-in-the-Pulpit is coming up in batches in the back garden.  This one looks a little tattered but it was the tallest one and easiest to take a photo of.







If you look closely there are lots of buds on the Columbine and they are just barely showing color.






This is a huge Hardy Geranium outside my dining room window.  The flowers are pale lavender.






Here is a closer view.  All of my white blooming Hardy Geranium is still in pots.  I dug it up when the landscaping project was going to start last year and I haven't found a place to plant it yet.


Compact Burning Bush





As I round the corner to head back inside I passed my new Compact Burning Bushes.  All three are looking really healthy.

If you check out my Instagram post you will see I have 3 tiny tomatoes on one of my plants.

@exuberantcolor is my Instagram account.

 

8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I think that after today, the roofers will finally be done with their carnage of the garden. This weekend I will survey the damage and hope I do not have to start from scratch. The back small gardens are intact and need some TLC as piles of ladders and wood have blocked my path. Lovely plants bloomin or about to in your garden.

Julierose said...

WOW your garden is really coming into bloom beautifully now!! I have one big iris in bud--it is a deep, dark purple--I hope to get a shot of it today before it opens...
Meanwhile, we are enmeshed in a heavy fog this morning--only 55 degrees out there...hoping for the fog to clear off so we can get some deck-sitting sunshine...
I hope your weekend stays in the low humidity range...hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

I love the mix of blooms in your porch pot!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think you were warmer last night then we were in the south. It was down to at least 77 when I went to bed LOL - I do hope this hot spell leaves us soon - it came on so quickly this week we weren't able to get used to it gradually.

patty a. said...

Your pot of flowers is so pretty and all the plants in your garden seem to be doing well. Not much is going on in my flower beds, except I noticed that one of the coneflowers has multiplied quite a bit finally after 3 years.

JJM said...

Nothing like spring time foliage and blossoms at your house Wanda ! Beautiful porch pot and garden plants.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love spring and the arrival of color in the gardens (including fresh spring-y greens).

sewyouquilt2 said...

Beautiful garden