Wednesday, May 25, 2022

12 more strip sets sewn............


I had more baking to do yesterday.  Someone is going west to visit my great-grandchildren so I wanted to send some goodies with them.  I got to the sewing machine after I mowed the grass in the front yard.  Two days of rain are predicted and the grass would have been too tall if I left it.

Now I have 22 sets sewn and ready to cut into sections for at least 120 more blocks.  This quilt top isn't going to be finished this month.  Yes, I'm thinking about finishes because we are approaching the end of the month.  I need to get at least one more top quilted.


My pansies are loving this cool week.  A second orange one bloomed this week.  Since they were mostly buds when I bought them I didn't know what colors I would get.




The Viburnum blooms are looking nice but mine aren't fragrant.  I hear people talking about how fragrant their Viburnums are so mine must be a different variety.

 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

You've sewed a lot of sets--I am planning a many TAW's piece--trying to use up my jelly rolls...chose 5 colors yesterday from 3 different rolls--so it will be scrappy...
Your pansies look so cheery--love them...
hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

With all the strips sets and blocks you are making it sounds like you will have enough for more than one quilt top. Those red fabrics are so pretty! My neighbor's lilac bush is blooming and it smells so good!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lovely strip sets and flowers! All the flowers are coming fast and furious now.

JJM said...

Grand looking combination strips and bowl of pansies is like one of your ‘exuberant’ quilts.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a riot of colour in your pot of pansies, I think they're one of the best plants for cheeriness.

sewyouquilt2 said...

So pretty.your p l ants are gorgeous