Wednesday, April 1, 2020

March 2020 recap................

Three finished quilts for March.  That is 3 months in a row with 3 finishes.  Can I keep up the momentum?

The one on the left Prismatic Garden 14 is 41.5" x 57" and was quilted on my straight stitch machine. The block components were made several years ago but the top was finished in March last year.

Kaffe Meets Plaid in the center was quilted in straight lines on my longarm.  It finished at 70" x 95".  The top was finished in Aug. 2016 and backing was chosen last year.

Downtown on the right was quilted on my Pfaff and measures 38.25" x 51.25.  The blocks were started in Oct. 2017 with inspiration from Maria Shell's book "Improv Patchwork".  The top was sewn together in May last year and backing was chosen at that time.

Two tops were finished.  The one on the left (77" x 99")just needed its border and the Blooming Nine Patch top (88.5" x 107") was made this year.
What didn't get finished was another quilt top in the solids with prints series.  I still have 21 blocks to make for this one.  I made these 4 blocks last night.

It was a good sewing month with friends over several times to sew.  Now I have to just share in photos, just like everyone else until things return to normal.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

All such lovely finishes for the month--I'd be hard pressed to choose among them for a favorite..(Umm I'll take them all hahaha).
This month RSC is light and bright blues..today I will scrabble
around in my blue scraps and see what I have...
~ ~ ~ ~ waves from afar..Julierose;)))

Marnie Haines said...

Congratulations on another spectacular finish, Wanda. Will any of these beauties become available in a Pop Up Shop after the virus peaks and hopefully wane? Here's hoping!

patty a. said...

Another good month - wonderful work!

JJM said...

A++++++++. ! WOW Wanda, you've outdone yourself again this month, all such beauties to be so proud of .

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great finishes and tops. Good you have been able to keep focused and varied.