Tuesday, April 21, 2020

African fabric crazy piecing............

Yesterday I opened the box of finished African crazy pieced blocks, partially made blocks and lots of scraps.  I decided I would make more of those blocks before I pressed and trimmed the yellow/black/white ones from yesterday.  Then I can press and trim all of them at once.





I now have 6 finished blocks previously made and 5 new ones ready to trim.  The scraps left in the box will be sorted by size now so I can make a 12th block.




This is my happiness photo for the day.  Many of these quilts will be shared when the need arises.  The second from bottom shelf is all baby quilts.  This is one of 3 places where I store my finished quilts.  Occasionally I'll take all of the quilts off a shelf and open them, refold them a different way and then re-stack them.

11 comments:

Quayquilter said...

When my son was a teenager I wuld find him preening himself in front of the spare room mirror - are you preening again! Now I lay my tops and quilts out in the spare and pree, I hpe you similarily preen your quilts as you take them out and refold. How lucky we are to have this passion and beauty in our lives.

Julierose said...

the peek at those African fabric crazy quilt blocks is interesting...will you be embroidering on them? Looking forward to seeing how they will come together...
~ ~ ~ Waving from sunny skies--at last;))) Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

You WIN!!! I thought I had a bunch of completed quilts at my house. Seeing your rolling cabinet stuffed-to-the-gills and hearing that this isn't the only spot in the house for storage... I've got nothin'!

Linda Swanekamp said...

That certainly is motivating- looking at all the done work instead of UFOs! Thanks for the photos.

patty a. said...

I have a box of African scraps too and I have a piece started using those scraps. How nice to have such a big stash of quilts to give away.

Tami Von Zalez said...

I just love your African fabric quilts. Not sure where you obtain such fabric lushness.
Like the way you organize your quilts. I figure I give away every other quilt I make so I don't have a built-up stash.

Marie said...

Your happiness photo worked - it made me VERY happy!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fun post -- I have LOTS of quilts here at the house even after giving away (or donating) nearly half of what I make. That's okay - they make ME happy.

Jenny said...

What a lovely photo of the cabinet and your lovely quilts tucked away. Happiness indeed!

JJM said...

Your African fabrics are full of "ceremonial rhythm". So fun to see them and I know you will have fun designing more.
Seeing all your quilt creations ready to share with others... You should be proud. I am of you. (^._,^)

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the happiness photo Wanda! Nothing quite like shelves of quilts made with love and neatly folded for gifting.