Thursday, April 9, 2020

Framed 9 patch top sewn.............

I thought I was going to get so much sewing done yesterday.  I sewed the last 3 seams in this top before noon.  Then two times in the afternoon I went out and cut off old stalks of peonies, asters and hydrangea bushes.  I would normally have done that in mid October but we had such a cold wet fall that I didn't get it done.  Last night I finally pressed the top and got it somewhat crookedly up on the design wall for a photo.  I probably won't quilt this one for awhile since I have two others ready to do.  Now I need to look at the 3 other prints with solids quilts that I have started and see which one I will work on this month.
In the late afternoon a storm rolled through with some pea size hail and sleet and rain.  This poor squirrel got caught in it so he flattened himself to the trunk of a Redbud tree and waited it out.  The second it let up he was right back under the bird feeders cleaning up the seed I spilled when I was filling the bird feeders earlier in the afternoon.

6 comments:

patty a. said...

It is amazing how your day can change from what you had planned. I find that happens almost every day! It was so beautiful outside, but I wanted to get those masks done. Then I thought it was Friday! I am losing track with being home every day! LOL!!!

sue s said...

I just think it's so neat how the solids allow the prints to go together! We got the hail Tuesday night an it was pretty heavy on and off for an hour. I've never seen hail continue like that! And I agree with Patty above, losing track of the days.

Quiltdivajulie said...

For those losing track of days, we have gotten into the habit of writing the day and the date on a whiteboard on the side of our refrigerator. Without our usual benchmarks for activities, it has helped enormously to have that visual reminder (it hangs beside the weekly menu plan - I set up a four week rotation, we're in week 4 now so we'll start over again with week 1 next week). Trying to reduce stressors where I can (and spending time cutting for future projects and/or stitching whenever possible - albeit for short periods of time).

JJM said...

Wanda, you accomplished a lot yesterday, as usual. Always a treat to see your photos.

JJM

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting your quilt top together, Wanda. Take your time... It will be waiting when you are ready to quilt it!

Mystic Quilter said...

Framed 9 patch looks great, really colourful and 60" x 70" is a good size, the one I'm sewing presently would be 63" wide and as yet I haven't decided whether to add an extra row on the bottom to have it rectangular rather than square which the pattern calls for.