Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Still playing............

I have filled in the space between the panel and the blocks which are sewn together as 2 side panels and a top and bottom row.  I still haven't decide which panel or for sure what fabric will fill in the space around the panel. I hope to decide all of that today.

Both of these panels have the same fabric surrounding them.  I surprised how different the intensity of color is in the crazy pieced blocks in the 2 photos.  The camera is adjusting for the contrast between the panel and the blocks.




This is the early Peony plant, getting tall.









Last summer when trying to dig out an invasive plant in a flower bed I dug up the Coralbell on the right and put it in a pot.  They don't even lose all their leaves in the winter.  The one on the left is from a flower bed in the back that is too crowded so I hoped to grow it to a larger size before replanting in the ground.
Last night I finished knitting a dishcloth using up ends of 2 balls of yarn.  There wasn't much leftover.






Yesterday morning I decided to sew all the masks I could with the leftover elastic.  These 5 were done before noon.










Then last night I did 4 more and now I'm out of elastic until my mail comes on Thursday.

The photos below are the 20 last masks I made for the company that wanted 60.  This is for my reference purposes.  I'm sure you are tired of seeing all of these.










10 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh, you know, now that I see the elephants, I really like them...
they seem a bit more muted...tough decision...but i really like those crazy blocks a lot...nice work
Stay safe ~ ~ ~ waving under the sunrise Julierose

Libby in TN said...

My peonies are all at different points of development. Only one has buds, but no blooms yet. I bought a couple of lemony-leafed coral bells recently to add some brightness to the shade garden. I've also added several astilbe plants to the shade garden as the deer apparently don't like them. Maybe it's the scratchy leaves ....

diane said...

Love peonies, however don't have any now. Left them behind when we last moved. That's why I love seeing others flowers and gardens.
The elephants are so cool!

Vicki W said...

What I love about the first one is how the background of the center gradates from bright to darker. The second one does blend in more with the border blocks. Either way, great save for the scraps!

sue s said...

I just moved a bunch of peonies to a new, more sunny, location. They had stopped blooming in the older spot. I hope this works! I do like the elephants and how they brighten the fabrics.

Mary Ellen said...

I like the one with zebras. The panel reads clearer against the outer blocks.
my peonies are nearly waist-high and all have large buds. Here in St Louis they reliably bloom each year in time for Mother's Day. I have several different colors of coral bells from darkest purple to the brightest chartreuse and everything in between. They do add a lot of interest to the shade garden.

Kaaren said...

The intensity of the Zebra panel really forces me to study all of further, outer blocks included. Love this, Wanda. You're da bomb!

The Joyful Quilter said...

With the spaces closed in, I think I prefer the elephants. Good luck deciding!

patty a. said...

You sure are keeping busy with all the different projects you have going on. I post a lot of masks too and I wonder if everyone is sick of seeing them too! I figure it is what I am doing and hopefully it will end and I can go back to fun stuff.

JJM said...

Anxious to see how you will finish your African pieces.

Your peonies, coralbell and looks like geranium ~ all looks so lush and healthy.

Your last two balls of yarn made one pretty dish cloth.... I need to knit more dish cloths too...

JJM