Saturday, July 13, 2019

Numbers 13 and 14............

I decided when I started this postage stamp quilt that I would try to do 7 blocks each week.  I actually had 10 blocks done at the end of the first week so I only needed to do 4 this week.  Here is how far I got yesterday, all seams sewn in one direction on two blocks.  For 63 blocks it will take me 9 weeks to make the blocks at this rate.  I will finish them today and have my quota for the first 2 weeks.  Meanwhile I have been doing more cutting and some yard work before the stifling heat hits again.

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Every block is a winner. I enjoy seeing them come together.

Julierose said...

Boy you are moving right along--just lovely blocks--I am stalled a bit with my purple legos--and just a bit under the weather in this heat--so S L O W and
E A S Y for me hugs, Julierose

Sylvia Anderson said...

All those bright colors make me so happy, but don't know if I could work with anything that small anymore. It's really going to be another H&H day again, so we will stay inside. The humidity is already 78, and the only time I go outside on days like this, is to water the plants, which tend to dry out in the blink of an eye. Stay Cool!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I am still cutting and working on other projects that are higher up on "the list" (with deadlines of some sort in most cases). I can't wait to start on my tiny postage stamps!

WhiteEagle said...

When you say "postage stamp" am I correct that means each square finishes at one inch?

JJM said...

How do you keep the edges from fraying on those tiny squares ? I'm fascinated with all your tiny pieces of fabrics going into one block yet alone 63 !

JJM

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You are moving right along. That is a good plan to make a few blocks each week.