Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Errand day and cutting..............

Most of the morning was running errands yesterday since I hadn't been leaving home much in the heat and humidity.

Then I retreated to the cool basement to cut more fabrics and pair them for more zipper blocks.  I am repeating solid colors since there is a half strip left over from previous cutting.

Today is my pacemaker checkup.  It is done every 3 months to be sure it is working properly and then they also estimate the number of years left on the battery in it.  It will be 2 years old on Aug. 31.

5 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

I love the zebra fabrics and placement in yesterdays block. I bought a framed zebra print last week from a charity shop, 55" x 18" which I'm hanging up today on the fireplace wall; I'll share a photo. We are still having lots of sunny weather and not too hot, but then I'm indoors most of the time anyway, happily sewing. Tonight it's *Yesterday* at the cinema - story-line to do with the Beatles song - should be good :)

patty a. said...

Nothing wrong with repeating the solid colors. I agree it is just too hot and humid. It was all I could do to stop at the library on my way home from work and then go water at 6 p.m.

I can't believe it has been almost 2 years since you got your pacemaker. I hope you checkup goes well!

Connie said...

Your black and white print fabrics are so unique , they are going to add so much interest to your quilt. I love seeing your creative brain at work . . . you are a wiz at choosing fabrics and colors. Hope your doctor's appointment goes smooth . . . have a lovely day.
Connie :)

JJM said...

I never thought of the battery in a pace maker before, but.... How do they replace an old battery in a pace maker ? Hope you have a lot of years on yours. Can't believe you're able to get anything done in your heat and humidity. But you are making good progress on cutting your squares.

JJM

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

We are getting rain today but will be getting a heat wave the next three days. At least the grass get some water first.