Monday, July 29, 2019

2 finishes...........

I finished the hand stitching on the binding of the colorwash rail fence quilt last night.











The backing and border are the same pansy print.













The binding is the same fabric as the inner border.  It ended up 33" x 39.25".




I call this one Squares and Frames but I have seen it with 2 other names.  The fabrics are all Marcia Derse, front, back and binding.

It is 49.5" x 66.5" which I consider a medium size throw quilt.








The backing fabric is a nice compliment to the fabrics on the front.



















The binding fabric is a repeat of one of the frame fabrics in the piecing on the front.

8 comments:

patty a. said...

Two finishes? That is great! I really like the fabric on the back of the quilt with the squares and the binding is perfect!

JJM said...

Two grand finishes to start your week. They are both lovely pieces, the floral especially takes my breath away.

JJM

Vicki W said...

Woohoo! That's a weekend!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Good finishes! I quilted the floral colorwash, picked out the fabric for the binding, but that is as far as it got.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Two more beautiful finishes - and the month isn't even over yet - you're like an energizer bunny - ;))

sewyouquilt2 said...

Two fabulous finishes.

SueR said...

Colorwash quilts may not be in vogue anymore, but I never get tired of them. Lovely!

Unknown said...

I see that you did your blocks slightly differently than the original pattern, and used one background fabric, plus added a narrow border of the same background. I really like the way you made yours.