Saturday, July 20, 2019

Borders............

My 2 friends came over to sew yesterday and my niece dropped by to show us 4 quilts she finished.  It was so hot we decided to brown bag it for lunch instead of going out.  

I pieced the center of this little quilt (33.5" x 39.5") quite a few years ago and chose the borders a couple years ago.  Yesterday I finally cut the borders and sewed them on.
Here is another view of the wall with enough of the border fabric for the back of the quilt and a piece of leftover batting that is the perfect size.  There is no excuse now for not finishing it soon.

One more extremely hot and humid day and then we are supposed to get some relief.  The overnight temperature Thursday night in Chicago was 81 degrees which set a new record for the warmest low temperature ever recorded there.

10 comments:

Julierose said...

that will be a lovely finish--
it sure is HOT all over--we awoke to 76 degrees and 75% dewpoint at 6:30 this morning!!...and it's going up fast--like a sauna out there...
very hot for SE CT--no ocean breezes to cool us down today--just humid, hot and sultry...AC is where we'll stay...hugs be safe in this heat Julierose

Debbie said...

Love the old floral fabrics:) The rails are a favorite pattern too. Saw how high your heat temps were...stay in and stay cool.

Hedy said...

Oh, I love this quilt. Flowers everywhere. Hot here too, but this is July so it’s expected.

Anonymous said...

Ah, the low here last night was 81, too.....its supposed to be triple digits today.

Love the floral quilt, your color choices are always great. thank you for sharing them, as aways.

ceci

JJM said...

LOVE the design and fabrics. Sensational little quilt to say the least.

We're still waiting for our July heat. Supposed to warm up to the 90's Monday and Tuesday then back to the 80's rest of the week.

JJM

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Haha - I think I have some of that border fabric - it sure looks familiar! You say you have no excuse for not finishing it soon - I think the blasted heat is a VERY good excuse - stay cool - ;))

Mary said...

Very pretty and another UFO nearing completion. I have been wondering how you are managing with the heat wave.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a pretty quilt! That will really be nice when it's finished and another one out of the way!!! I have some floral tumbler blocks cut. Need to sew them together.
It's hot here, too. As usual.

MissPat said...

I'm glad to see you will finish this one soon. I love the watercolor effect and I see several fabrics in there that I have. I also have the border fabric but with a white background. I need to finish some other watercolor projects before I start another, but this will go on my list.
Pat

Kerry said...

Oh that is pretty.