Friday, July 26, 2019

And another one.............

Since the longarm table is cleaned off I might as well keep going.  This colorwash rail fence is small and didn't take long to quilt.





I used the same medium beige thread that I have quilted the last 3 quilts with.  The prints are so busy you can barely see the thread.





All trimmed and ready for binding.









 The binding will be one of the 2 border fabrics.  Right now I'm leaning toward the inner border fabric.




I got the seams sewn the other direction on the last 4 blocks for the postage stamp quilt.










I think my goal of 7 blocks a week was a little ambitious and now I think I'll plan on 6 blocks a week.  That means I'm done for this week so I'll have time to cut some more print 1.5" squares to prepare for the next 6.

My 2 friends are coming to sew today and I usually get some cutting done while they are here.

13 comments:

Debbie said...

The postage stamp is looking really good! Love that pansy fabric on the rail fence border. Pretty!

patty a. said...

That is great you got another quilt quilted and ready for binding! The postage stamp blocks are looking great!

Sylvia Anderson said...

You're sure getting a lot done this week Wanda, both inside and outside. That pansy fabric is beautiful, and I agree with you regarding the binding on that quilt. Have a fun day with your friends.

Lesley Gilbert said...

Loving your black floral border - the whole quilt is just lovely and the postage stamps look ready to mail haha. Another hot day here today - just finished the weekly wash and trying to get motivated to sew. I'll give it another hour when it should be cooler and hopefully less humid. Have a lovely weekend :)

JJM said...

Love the floral quilt, and it may be small but it has glorious beauty ! You are really on a roll this week, it has to be good working weather.

JJM

The Joyful Quilter said...

That colorwash Rail Fence quilt is SEW pretty!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The floral rail fence is so beautiful quilted. You are on a roll- a longarm rolling.
You have got lots done this week.

Quiltdivajulie said...

You have done so well with your postage stamp blocks -- I have set my plan aside for the time being to focus on things that need to be accomplished in the next 6-8 weeks. I've also decided to keep mine to a wall hanging size rather than a lap quilt. Time will tell.

Connie said...

Your finished quilt transports me to an English flower garden. It is absolutely charming :)

Sheila said...

Wow! Love, love, love your Rail Fence and your blocks of 1.5" squares!

Vicki W said...

I can't get enough of the postage stamp blocks. I absolutely love them!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love both these quilts. Postage stamp one is on my bucket list. Need to finish up some Christmas gifts first.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love both of your quilts. Postage stamp is on my bucket list after I finish some Christmas gifts.