Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Design wall time..........

I just had to see how the zipper blocks with the black prints look with all of the colors.  I really like them and may add some more.  I figured I need 80 blocks minimum for this quilt which would make it 60" x 72".  That is the size quilts I have been making this year but if I'm still having fun when I reach that goal I'll make some more blocks.








I did a lot of outside work yesterday and when it got too hot to continue I did some more cutting.  These are the next 4 colors for the postage stamp quilt.




While I was outside I picked the day's bounty.  This has been the longest black raspberry season that I can remember.  Usually 5-7 days and they are done.  It has been 12 days now since I picked the first ones.  I think there will be one more day and then they will be done.

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes, I like the added black in there. It really makes the other color pop.

Sharon W. said...

Those black blocks bring some "structure" to the occasional blurred combinations. Very striking.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The zipper quilt is quite graphic and striking. Looks like new great postage stamp blocks. The berries must be delicious.

Anonymous said...

I love the addition of the black blocks. It adds a nice contrast and a certain pizazz.

patty a. said...

The black raspberries look like they would taste so good. I use to have some wild ones growing in the woods. Maybe I will have to take a look and see if there are any back there tonight. Your projects are coming along. Those zipper blocks are going to make a fun and colorful quilt.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Am really loving your zipper quilt Wanda, even more so, with the addition of the black backgrounds. We don't have any tomatoes yet, but have several cucumbers sitting on the countertop waiting to be sliced, along with some onion, for a cucumber salad. Stay cool Today!

Marnie Haines said...

Good morning, Wanda
Just love this zipper piece and the others you have been working on these past days. This summer heat surely is not a hindrance to your creativity!

starsthatblaze said...

I've also started a postage stamp quilt, using two-inch squares. Will you repeat some of the solid colors? So far I've repeated a couple of my lighter colors but not the brightest ones because I still haven't decided how big to make the quilt and want to keep it balanced. Right now it's 48" by 60" but these blocks are so fun and easy to make I think I'll go to 60" by 72".

JJM said...

Even though you're having a hot summer, your daily posts are so cool ! (^._,^)

JJM

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Me, too! I like the addition of the black blocks in your zipper quilt. The colors for your next postage stamp blocks look yummy - as do the berries - ;))

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your zipper quilt looks great. I agree that the darks really help make the other colors shine.

EYSchmitt said...

This is going to be an exciting quilt....I find it worthwhile to double click on your photos in order to see the detail in the fabrics which is always exciting! The black print in the top row with something like dandelions gone to seed is especially interesting!