Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Tweaked again........

I changed some of the corners of the blocks at the transition point.  Since light blocks have light corners and dark blocks have dark corners, where they meet is high contrast and not blend.  I changed some of the dark corners to mediums and light corners to darker lights.  I think the blend is much better.  Visualize this on a twin bed and almost a row and a half will be hanging off the sides and end of the bed so what you will see on top of the bed is half dark and half light.  The part that hangs over the bed will be mostly dark.  I am finishing up 9 more light blocks so I won't sew this together until I first see if any of them are a good fit.


I played a little more with both OBWs.











This cactus was so pretty with the filtered light coming in between the slats of the closed blinds yesterday morning.

I have a friend coming over to sew today and I don't know what I will be working on.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes, you nailed it with a gentler mix at the blend point. Fabulous!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh boy, you made a great quilt even better working your tweaking magic. Good for you, and us.

Mary said...

Your tweaking really paid off. This is beautiful.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I was a little sad when you abandoned your two quilt idea but I am completely won over now with this newly tweaked blended version. It will be stunning on a bed (or on the wall). GORGEOUS!!

JJM said...

Oh Wanda ~.

This one is absolutely supreme ! I can visualize it on a twin bed and know it will be stunning in any bedroom. Anxious to see if you feel the need to make more blocks . I can not see any block that you would replace . Knowing the perfectionist you are... (^._.^). Tomorrow we will know.

Love your 'one block wonders'.... such a fun block to design with. I think they would make a good kit to sell ? What do you think ?
Your precise cutting is the key. Besides you always select the best fabric as well.

JJM

Sharon said...

What a great lesson you gave today. I went back and looked and compared and went back and forth a few more times. WOW. When good enough just isn't. This one is SO much better, thanks for showing us the tweaks that take a good quilt top to a great one!