Sunday, March 17, 2019

In the UFO box............

As I was cleaning the basement this past week I moved the UFOs box several times.  I finally had to look through it and came across these blocks I made last year when I was preparing to teach a workshop on crazy piecing.  I had 8 blocks and kept thinking I needed to make either one more or four more blocks to make a small quilt.  Yesterday I remembered that 8 blocks will do an on point setting.  Now I just have to decide what the setting triangles will be and I should be able to finish it soon.


The second offering of my online Colorwash360 class will be open for enrollment next week.  If you haven't previously signed up on my mailing list and would like info on the class go HERE to sign up.

11 comments:

donaleen said...

Very nice. Love it.

Sharon W. said...

Terrific squares. I'd vote for navy or black setting triangles, with bright light colored binding. Neat!!!

JJM said...

Wow ! What a nice vibrant wake up on a Sunday morning ! Bet it was fun to discover them again. I know you will select the perfect fabric for the triangles to compliment your on point blocks.

JJM

Linda E in NM said...

These would make into a great "modern" quilt!

Diane said...

Yummy colors! Isn't it great when things work out just right?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like you've got some great options for setting triangles within the colors of your blocks. Best of luck making a choice!

jill said...

A Kaffe floral would work nicely for setting triangles.

patty a. said...

Those are pretty blocks. There are so many different ways you could finish them off so I will be interested in seeing what you do.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are awesome blocks!! set them like that with gray as the background ? Love them!

cityquilter grace said...

oh yes i love these...

Nann said...

Setting blocks aside to stew, or mellow, can pay off!