Saturday, March 2, 2019

Lots of sewing..............

My 2 friends came over yesterday and I worked on two new One Block Wonder projects.  Here are 4 blocks' pieces of one of the fabrics on the design wall .







I forgot to take a photo of the fabric before I cut it and this is all there is left of it.


Here are the pieces from the other fabric which had a 12" repeat so I was able to get all 6 strips out of 2 yard piece of fabric.










I didn't take a photo of this fabric either and this is the remaining piece.
Here are all of the stacks of 6 identical pieces ready to play with and decide which of the 3 corners will be in the center of each block.
Last night I decided I needed to work on the batik pineapple log cabin blocks because I don't have room for 2 quilts on the design wall.  I needed the least blocks for the dark one.  I made some color coordinated blocks to mix into the multicolor blocks, 3 greens, a red, a blue and 2 purple.  There is also one with mostly gold color light fabrics.  After I finish the last 2 blocks I will need to decide if anything has to be moved to a different position and then sew it all together.

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am really loving your pineapple quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Adding in the color coordinated blocks makes the pineapples even more interesting.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the one-block-wonder blocks. Your
choice of fabrics will produce a very interesting project no matter what it might be. Looks as though we're in for more frigid temperatures next week.

Hedy said...

The pineapple quilt is just beautiful, I enlarged the picture to see all your fabrics. It’s so pretty.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Pineapples are gorgeous. I just have to get out my fabric for more OBW and get it cut this week!

JJM said...

Love the kaleidoscope designs you create with your one block wonder . They have a pin wheel affect on me . And your pineapple blocks should be called a one block wonder also, they are so time consuming.


JJM

MissPat said...

I've done two One Block Wonders and like the results. The fun part though is playing with the units and deciding on which placement to use. Sewing the blocks together gets a bit tedious.
Pat

Mystic Quilter said...

The Martha Negley looks ideal for the OBW quilt, also the black with flowers and dragonflies is creating wonderful patterns.